Eggs are a wonderful source of Protein and people often struggle to get creative with them so I’ve put together a list of ideas to get you started!
Here are ten healthy and delicious recipes using eggs:
1. Veggie Scramble: Sauté chopped vegetables like spinach, bell peppers, and mushrooms in a skillet. Beat eggs with a splash of milk, pour into the skillet, and scramble until cooked. Season with salt, pepper, and herbs for a nutritious breakfast or brunch.
2. Baked Eggs in Avocado: Cut avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop out a little flesh from each half to create a larger well. Crack an egg into each avocado half, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any desired seasonings, then bake in the oven at 375°F (190°C) until the eggs are set to your liking.
3. Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps: Hard-boil eggs, then chop them and mix with diced celery, Greek yoghurt, Dijon mustard, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper, and herbs. Serve the egg salad in crisp lettuce leaves for a light and protein-packed lunch.
4. Vegetable Frittata: Whisk eggs with milk and pour into a greased baking dish. Add sautéed vegetables like zucchini, onions, and cherry tomatoes, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375°F (190°C) until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted and golden.
5. Egg and Quinoa Breakfast Bowl: Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Layer cooked quinoa, sautéed spinach, sliced avocado, and a poached or fried egg in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and a drizzle of hot sauce for a hearty and nutritious morning meal.
6. Spinach and Mushroom Omelette: Sauté spinach and sliced mushrooms until wilted. Beat eggs with a splash of milk and pour into a non-stick pan. Add the cooked veggies and cook until the omelette is set. Fold in half and enjoy a filling and veggie-packed breakfast.
7. Egg-Stuffed Bell Peppers: Cut the tops off bell peppers and remove the seeds. Crack an egg into each pepper and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and herbs. Bake in the oven at 375°F (190°C) until the eggs are cooked to your liking and the peppers are tender.
8. Smoked Salmon Egg Cups: Line muffin tins with slices of smoked salmon. Crack an egg into each cup, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and dill. Bake in the oven at 375°F (190°C) until the eggs are set. Serve as an elegant and protein-rich appetizer or breakfast option.
9. Egg and Veggie Wrap: Spread hummus or mashed avocado on a whole wheat tortilla. Fill with scrambled eggs, sliced tomatoes, baby spinach, and any other desired vegetables. Roll up and enjoy a portable and nutritious meal on the go.
10. Egg Drop Soup: In a saucepan, bring low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth to a simmer. In a separate bowl, beat eggs with a fork. Slowly pour the beaten eggs into the simmering broth while stirring gently to create ribbons. Add green onions, a dash of soy sauce, and season to taste for a comforting and protein-packed soup.
These recipes showcase the versatility of eggs and provide nutritious options for any meal of the day. Enjoy the deliciousness and health benefits that eggs bring to your table!