10 things you can do on a Sunday to help prepare for a healthy and committed week ahead to help you lose weight and feel good in yourself.
As a hypnotherapist specialising in Weight Loss, I believe that preparing yourself for a healthy and committed week ahead is the key to successful weight loss. Here are ten things you can do on a Sunday to set yourself up for success.
Plan Your Meals for the Week Ahead
- Use a meal planner to plan out your meals for the week ahead
- Make sure to include healthy and nutritious foods
- Prepare your meals in advance if possible
Schedule Your Workouts
- Make a workout plan for the week ahead
- Schedule your workouts in your calendar
- Find a workout buddy to help keep you accountable
Get Enough Sleep
- Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol before bedtime
- Create a relaxing bedtime routine
- Set aside time for meditation, deep breathing or Hypnosis
- Practice gratitude
- Focus on the present moment
Do a Kitchen Cleanse
- Get rid of unhealthy foods in your kitchen
- Stock up on healthy snacks and ingredients
- Organise your kitchen presses and fridge
Prepare Healthy Snacks
- Cut up fruits and veggies for easy snacking
- Make healthy snacks in advance
- Keep healthy snacks on hand
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day
- Carry a water bottle with you
- Limit sugary and alcoholic drinks
Schedule Time for Self-Care
- Take a relaxing bath
- Read a book
- Schedule time for a hobby
Set Goals for the Week Ahead
- Write down your goals for the week ahead
- Make them specific and achievable.
- Celebrate your accomplishments at the end of the week (not with food!)
Review Your Progress
- Take time to reflect on your progress
- Identify areas for improvement
- Stay positive and motivated
Preparing for a healthy and committed week ahead is key to maintaining motivation and seeing success in your weight loss journey. Here are 10 things you can do on a Sunday to set yourself up for a great week.
First, clean and organize your kitchen. Go through your fridge, pantry and cabinets and get rid of any unhealthy temptations. Restock with healthy proteins, fruits, vegetables and snacks. Take an inventory of what you have so you know exactly what's available when meal planning.
Speaking of meal planning, schedule time to plan and prep your meals for the week ahead. Browse healthy recipes or meal prep cookbooks and make a plan for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Shop for any necessary ingredients. Then spend time prepping veggies, cooking proteins, assembling Mason jar salads, etc. Having healthy meals and snacks ready to grab will prevent you from making poor choices when you're rushed or hungry.
Next, schedule your workouts. Mark exercise sessions in your calendar and commit to showing up. Enlist a friend to join you if that will help motivation. Pack your gym bag the night before so you're prepared to sweat.
Evaluate your environment and schedule to identify potential sabotagers. Is your nightly wine unwinding or mindless snacking derailing your efforts? Be honest about habits that may need to change. Create an evening routine focused on relaxation versus temptation.
Finally, spend time reflecting on your "why." Reconnect with the reasons you want to lose weight and get healthy. Envision how you'll feel being lighter and more energetic. Let your "why" power you through moments of doubt. With preparation and commitment, you can make this week a success on your journey toward health and wellness.